In this role as Junior Art Director, your primary function will be to design marketing campaigns (banner ads for social media, emails, etc.), as well as support the development of internal materials. You will need experience in copy writing and be able to maintain the voice, tone, and brand identity of Boone Group. This is an opportunity to use your design expertise to contribute to the overall growth of the company amidst fast-moving internal and external initiatives. The Junior Art Director is responsible for production management and execution of internal and external branding materials. You will work with the CEO and the Director of Federal Solutions and will actively support the CEO as an integral part of Boone’s headquarters marketing team as well as all other business units. This role will serve to facilitate Boone’s creative production through digital print and visual representation of products.
• Design and create layouts for a variety of projects based on quality standards (e.g., design templates for employee training and recurring meeting materials, produce marketing graphics, etc.)
• Revise and update existing project files and collateral
• Generate and design assets for internal tools, website assets, email, social media, print-based material, and other tasks as needed for a variety of teams
• Take initiative to understand all aspects of each project (asks questions when necessary, consults with management prior to submission)
• Be able to present concepts and ideas to management confidently and clearly articulate design decisions
• Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval
• Ensure company-wide branding is consistent and cohesive
• Proofread and edit marketing materials for clarity, style consistency, spelling, and grammar
• Use equipment and supplies in a cost-efficient manner
• Ability to translate vision both verbally and artistically
• Assist with copywriting requests as needed
• Establish creative direction for the company as well as brand guidelines
• Contributes to the culture of a growing team through your ideas and passion for design and marketing
Your Safety and Well-being
Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, your health and safety are Boone’s top priority. Remote work is currently offered until further notice.
Key Performance Indicators
• A degree in Graphic Design, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience 2 + years of experience • National security background is a plus but not required
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Lightroom, InDesign, etc.)
• Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography print, and the web
• Basic understanding of web development and UX/UI • Understanding of digital and/or social marketing campaigns
• Solid portfolio that demonstrates your design experience
• Familiarity with one or more of the major style guides (APA, MLA or Chicago Manual of Style)
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and adapt to change
• Basic knowledge of marketing communications (publishing, advertising, media relations and photography)
• A strong business sense, and understands how your designs affect the business
• Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
• Be an excellent communicator (written and verbal)
• Ability to work independently and complete projects on time
• Have a demonstrated history of performing in a dynamic, high pace environment
Salary and Benefits
Boone provides our teammates with a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive salary, health/dental/vision, 401(k) with match, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, wellness & fitness, and commuter benefits, among others.
Boone’s singular purpose is to build a machine for the rapid advancement and adoption of technologies that impact the national security mission. Boone employs a sophisticated team of technologists, defense acquisition experts, weapons analysts, product engineers, veterans, and creatives to architect groundbreaking results for national security agencies and commercial technology companies. The technical expertise deployed by Boone helps build capability for the most sensitive missions America undertakes today. Boone’s roots date back nearly a century to Alberta Boone, whose pivotal role in the United States’ Arsenal of Democracy helped win World War II. Like Alberta, Boone believes groundbreaking creations require tactics as original as the technologies themselves.
We want to hear from you! Please submit your resume directly to: email@example.com or click "Apply Now" below. Include a few sentences about your interest, why you believe you are a good fit, and a link to your Linked In profile if applicable.