Located at the Pentagon in Arlington, VA, this work directly supports DoD professionals dedicated to excellence and to serving the needs of the warfighter.
• Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
Education & experience (desired):
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
• Two (2) to five (5) years of combined experience to include executive-level support, personnel, scheduling, task management, planning, programming, and correspondence management with the Department of Defense
The incumbent is responsible for:
• Performing extraordinary executive-level support for DoD leaders.
• Coordinating the daily calendar(s) of DoD Executive(s) (Political Appointees or members of the Senior Executive Service), including scheduling internal and external meetings, appointments, and events.
• Managing several DoD Executives and multiple functional areas across various locations.
• Preparing and coordinating materials ahead of internal and external meetings, including itineraries, read aheads, and agendas.
• Ensure the taskings are compliant with DoD systems such as CATMs, DoD editing, and formatting requirements.
• Tracking office taskings as defined by DoD Executives.
• Coordinating travel and accommodations DoD Executives and other government officials as needed; this includes the use of the Defense Travel System (DTS).
• Executing tasks and duties that support the Executive priorities and daily operations.
• Providing support to the DoD Executives in the execution of all aspects of the office mission to include protocol and events planning support.
• Assisting other staff members as directed in the drafting and writing of policies, guidance, supporting processes, and memorandum.
• Support office correspondence in the development of written staff packages and other correspondence, including research and analyses.
• Support with office management duties as directed by the government to include, but not limited to, team calendar management, and office supply management.
The incumbent must:
• Be exceptionally organized
• Be an excellent communicator (written and verbal)
• Have outstanding customer service abilities such as initiative, judgment, creativity, flexibility, and confidence
• Must have the ability to multi-task across multiple projects
• Have a demonstrated history of performing in a dynamic, high pace environment
• Be positive and proactive
Preferred skillsets include, but not limited to:
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Relationship management
• Calendar management
• Manage risk and proactively identify & minimize potential issues
• Special project execution and delivery as needed
• Operational support
• One Duty Station
• Health insurance
• Retirement plan
• Paid time off
• Professional development assistance
This Job is:
• A job for which military-experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
• A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
• Monday to Friday